Saturday, March 14, 2009

20090314

Dear darlingest Annelies Marie,

You know, my love, we all must strive for perfection in holiness but not by actual practice of perfection do we hope to attain to the realization of this path but only through patient repentance and perfect faith. A moral code that does not recognize the reality of our being only human excludes from its profession the possibility of the redemption of the self upon whose ideal all of morality was founded and is therefore, a code of imminent defeat.

It is the path itself that is absolute but human beings bearing the yoke of free choice in a garden made of both good and evil shall always be less than the path that we must choose to absolutely take in the course of our lives.

I should like to write a message to the graduates of class 2009, my love. In this message we shall share with them the virtue of truthfulness and the value of their mission in the context of this present time. Truthfulness that is beyond scrupulosity is the virtue that makes present the truth in the heart WHEN prudence says it counts as well as when charity commands it. To tell a person to always tell the truth implies all the more that moral judgment must be exercised and not eliminated to make the truth present especially when it is most effective. 

Truth is the object of the virtue of truthfulness and this virtue treats it like a sharp sword that requires handling and it is this handling of the truth that the virtue of truthfulness makes as its primary act. It achieves right action by placing truth in the service of Christian charity.

That is the gist of the message I should like to deliver to this years batch of graduates, my love. And I'll work on that some more in an Internet cafe that is less expensive than this one. I'm just waiting here for the movie, "Race to Witch Mountain", to start. I'll let you know more about it later, my darlingest dear.

I love you.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: