Wednesday, March 4, 2009

20090304

Dear darlingest Miyang Marie,

I just got myself a new cell phone, my darlingest, got it from a friend from work second hand but still looks and handles like new. It comes complete with a Calico Meter Mk. II with a search range of over 50 feet. Of course, I made sure to calibrate it by you, my love. All them Calico Meters that I use always read 1 cat at 0 feet- that way I know it works for sure. Because I appreciate so much, all youse, purdy, puddy tats.

One of my friends from work asked me why I was especially heaping up all my cat jokes on her and asked me why I see her as a cat - I told her that as far as I'm concerned, we're all cats - of course, big and small, this is a reality that is particular to myself that only I could see through the lens of my own soul, composed of those many, many, things I have managed to entrust to that universe of everliving, golden stars and of verdant, perennial life that I cherish from within myself in and with God and All of you.

The Internet over here in this Internet cafe is acting up so I think I will log out and look for a better connection at another place.

About 10 minutes later... Well, my darlingest dear, I'm back. Since I left my computer over at my father's place to go live with my mother and my step-father for a while I've been having to pay rental at these Internet cafes. Some are cheap, some are mid-range yet all of them charge by the hour and with the environment within these shops as well as the quality of their connection varying from place to place and from time to time, it is sometimes an exercise in patience to be able concentrate in places like these - but I am able to do so, by grace of God, and many times, I even forget whatever is going on around me.

I moved out of my father's place to avoid occasions of sin as regards to drug abuse. I've had to leave much of my stuff behind, including my computer, TV, air conditioner, DVD's, clothes, books, various other personal effects, etc., but better that than to wallow in the mire of drug addiction. I get tempted - oh, I do get tempted once in a while, but like you, my love, I observe myself, seeking very keenly to recognize those moments when these temptations find their way across the divide between the Kingdom of the LORD in my established self and the barren wastes of the desolation of war to rise against the threshold of my heart so I can muster up everything I can throw against its thunderous assaults.

It seems so dramatic the way I describe it, when it all happens in the space between my silence, that vulnerable place where prayer and my will fail to meet - that one instance suspended in time - when all that I could count on are the prayers of other people and of course, the help of All of you.

I should like to talk more about drug addiction as I do have a rich collection of things as regards to this particular affliction of the human heart and mind but not here in the season of Lent as we have other matters at hand which we should like to concentrate on in order for this journey to earn us profit from heaven and blessings from the God of all our thankfulness and praise.

Till the next time, my love.

I love you.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: