Monday, February 2, 2009

20090201

Dear darlingest Miyang Marie,

I question the motives of Holocaust denial, my love. For very personal reasons, as you may well know - for I do so very much love you, my Miyang. But these deeper reasons do not have to go deeper for the fact that Holocaust denial is evil to be valid and true.

Like water does not need more than 100 degrees Celsius to reach boiling point, what I truly feel about Holocaust denial in particular and all kinds of denials that seek to lessen the true significance of the human cost of conflict is a flame that is vastly more than 100 degrees Celsius but we only need to express the necessary force of truth to establish as sound the argument that we want to support with the force of our own convictions: Holocaust denial is evil.

It is like saying that Cain was justified in killing his brother Abel or that Cain only maimed his brother instead of killing him or that Cain never really killed Abel or that Cain is actually Abel and that Abel is actually Cain - an insult to the LORD. I can not believe that there are bishops in Holy Mother Church that would ever conceive of allowing such a lie to enter into the inviolable domain of their hearts with God - but it seems to be true, my love. But no amount of evil can ever lessen my love for my Mother Church like no amount of sin can ever deny in my presence the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

Evil that is like a weed, creeps like a weed. Now, I am not perfect, my love, but I am so thankful to the LORD that I have you, my darlingest Miyang Marie; that I have All of you for I would not know where to pick myself up were if not for the gift of these timeless friendships nor would I have all of you were it not for the infinite mercies of God.

I somewhat feel better for having said all that now.

I have also said before that this planet is too small for our souls not to touch and for those who have realized in themselves the truth of this unseen reality, they would realize why I consider Sunbeams as a good friend of ours and God-willing, a friend forever, for time and space is distant only to those with distant hearts.

Now, Sunbeams is an actress and I appreciate the labor that she puts into her art which is why when I think about the rampant Movie Piracy that is happening here in the Philippines, I feel protective of my friend as we should be loyal to all our friends. However, I also see that there are people who are fed and clothed by this underground enterprise, people who without it shall become more destitute than they already are, I must be forbearing in my hope that one day, this necessary evil shall soon depart from our midst. For the reality is that I live in an emerging Country and my nation still needs a lot of time to mature and while it hurts me with pains of guilt to purchase illegal copies of movie dvd's, I myself sometimes - out of my own need - do find it materially impossible not to resort to purchasing them. I can only reassure myself (quite superficially) in spite of my own lingering guilt that my money goes into keeping some of my own less fortunate Filipino compatriots housed, clothed and fed and that this necessary evil is only temporary - because I shall make it so - in my heart and in my hope - that it is temporary, in a way that serves the mutual interests of all. Avoid it I shall try but fall into it sometimes, I will not beat myself over the head for doing that - maybe Sunbeams will (*lol* if ever she finds out, my love), but not me.

I love you.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: