Saturday, January 24, 2009

20090124

Dear darlingest Miyang,

It's the weekend and though I feel a tinge of guilt at being blessed with the luxury of being able to sit back and try to relax with my loved ones, too much worrying about worrisome things around me in our world today will not help the situation get any better. Better to relax, pray, go to mass and renew my energy for the coming work week than to be all eaten up by needless anxiety.

There is so much to do, my darlingest, that sometimes, I feel swamped the moment I sit down and try to organize my mind - so much things need to be expressed.

The Dalits - per our Sunbeams, I've pondered with our Lord and I've come up with some things about it but I still feel that it needs more pondering: This is all a question of equality - which has its roots at the question (or the mystery) of human happiness. We must further expound for this particular concern on the reality of the wholes.

Our Philippines, my Miyang, is going to undergo some challenges this year - economic, political, existential, spiritual, and social - and we shall certainly be there for her - our Old Defiant don't fly because this nation ain't resilient - as a matter of fact, we are a people known for our resiliency - we can outlast anything - anything, my love. We should re-awaken in the Filipino heart - the kind of love that honors our commitments to each other in Country. Truly, the only realistic buffer that we have against the economic crisis is each other - and this is true for all Countries.

President Obama is hell bent on closing Gitmo - and this is just the right thing to do - but how to do it - without compromising the fight - that is the question - it is a question not of details but of absolutes - of faith perspectives that include or exclude the whole of our shared humanity - this should be an issue that is undertaken by the competence of our military Chaplaincy - and then the justice of our courts, national (US or other) and/or if necessary, international. All our court systems (national to international) will do well to have in place a common process for this kind of thing as "instability" will constitute the most common kind of threat to our nations as a whole in the new age.

It's Chinese New Year - yay! I'd buy some "tikoy" to give out to loved ones but right now, I'm running on fumes. Oh well, I'll make sure to be in better shape next year, my love.

I love you, Yang-yang.

Always to always,

Pusing

P.S.

Sunbeams' birthday is December 8 - that's the feast of the Immaculate Conception, you know. I'm having two minds right now whether she's a calico or an orange marmalade cat with white paws and a white muzzle - we'll let her decide for herself, of course. But for now, she's a calico like you, Emz and Nat. What can I say, I love calicos. Lol.

No comments: