Wednesday, January 21, 2009

20090121

Dear darlingest Miyang Marie,

Hello darlingest, exile time may be dark and our poor world - on its own - bereft of the truth but there are moments, near and far, as well as personalities, known and known to God alone, that never fail to appear to make dark things known and evil days bearable.

Well, for starters, my love - I have you. Of course, we all have God - but particular to every person's faith in God are the graces and remembrances our LORD would have us accept and bear into heart and mind - alone with God alone. Of these things, I may only speak of my own soul with God - for to presume to speak for other souls - where faith is concerned - would be to tempt the LORD. It is hope that is common to all - and it is to our hopes - our human hopes together - that we shall, each of us, be a keeper of.

Now, my love - I am Catholic but that does not give me licence to make the whole world into copies of me - which is why faith and hope, universal as well as particular - human as well as Christian, are two completely different virtues. If my faith is real, then just as real must be my commitment to belong to ALL human hope - that is the gist of our Lord's command to bear good fruit. And not to tempt the LORD by desiring hellfire on anybody or to become a living hypocrisy by seeking to belong to some special clique in complete violation of the one whole peace. I believe this is to have good will and to have good will that elicits in the heart, a peace that only my belief in Christ will give me through it.

Which means, my darlingest that just like you, I love all people. And just like you, I am an ally of all nations without exception.

Now another bright star in our hearts together right now is AnnaSophia Robb - I love the way this girl is, my love. I love her heart; it has the power to touch mine - cor ad cor loquitur. And just like when I talk about you, nobody listens to me when I talk about her so we're going to talk about her together. She is called early in life, Yang. Unlike me, my darlingest, I am called later in life as you intimately know. She has so much potential, I believe, to give to our world and I should that we pray for her always, my love.

She introduced our hearts to the plight of the Dalits in India - the "Untouchables" - outcasts of a social system that recognizes not the reality of their humanity - well, if that system doesn't want them, my love - we shall take them in as well. We shall own their hope and help them to live like human beings should and must live - with both promise and dignity. So let us ponder more about the Dalits with our Lord and our Lady, my love.

Yesterday was the inauguration of the 44th president of the USA, Barack Obama, my darlingest, and I was watching the event live on cable. This is a turning point in world history that I am completely honored to be a part of last night - Philippine time, of course. I felt the huge hope of the world, my love, and indeed, what President Obama said was true - there is a huge task ahead of us, it is a work of hope and it will take time - time itself, let us not forget, being the territory not of the enemies of life but of the God of all life. There will be a lot of challenges ahead but I do believe that, with grit and determination, and through faith - they can all be overcome. Our humanity only need to understand our near-limitless potential as a whole - as a one family of the nations of mankind. This shall soon be understood when seen in stark contrast to war and the consuming darkness of the ambition of war.

More to come soon, my Yang-yang.

I love you.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: