Sunday, July 19, 2009

20090719

Dear darlingest Annelies Marie,

My Miyang

I'm looking at this nice watercolor portrait of you, my loveliest love. I got it off the Internet yesterday. Whoever did this painting of you, my Miyang, has a really good hand. I think I am going to have it printed on photo paper, frame it and put it on my shelf.

You know, I do regular online searches about you, my darlingest dear, because I am vigilant also for those causes that directly concern you. And I respond to anything that I find that is counterproductive to your memory or to those charities that rely on the integrity of your remembrance. I love you, my Miyang, and I consider myself very blessed to even have this friendship with you.

I also check our local bookstores to see if they have your diary in stock. I believe my own nation would do well to learn tolerance and humanity and I know of no better source that the hopes of children - your timeless hope, my love, imprinted forever in those words you penned down during your short stay in this world - and the hopes of all those others, all our precious Starshine, who must be enabled to share with us through their voice, their vision of tomorrow. For it is always the young that represent the future, the very hope of all our tomorrows are anchored on our youth, hopes which we encourage through our "Arcs in the Sky" as a labor entrusted to our present day.

Hope and False Hope

This lineage of hope and the timeless values that arise from its faithful keeping across the great span of the life of our nations keep the proper order to the order of our generations that keep the great cultures of our humanity strong and cohesive.

What burdens hope is despair. Despair is the polar opposite of hope. Any person caught in despair usually can not help themselves. And this despair is like a mire that sinks the life of our nations deeper the deeper into the darkness of war the more and more we allow our nations to descend into the void.

Hope that is false sinks into this mire and this multiplies the effects of despair in our communities ensuring the fact that the deeper we, all of us who are quickened to the remembrance of our hopes, allow each of our own nations to descend into the maddening darkness of war, the faster and faster the gravity of the void shall consume us all into oblivion. For what one of our nations suffers, the more and more that we ascend into time, all our nations shall feel - for we are but one family of nations - one interdependent planetary community. What war does to one, war does to all.

Because hope itself is a lineage and requires a foundation that is neither false nor dark - it must always be anchored on something true and good. Which is why I would - through "Arcs in the Sky" - that we who are soon to inherit the hopes of our nations learn to humble ourselves enough to be able to perceive the hopes of our children for these hopes are the purest and the surest of all foundations.

And so, if we were to build the foundations of a better world today when the darkness is still at its peak, it would be a good start to listen first - with our hearts more than our ears - to those whose young and unsung lives we will be together dedicating this labor of hope, our precious Starshine.

It is our precious Starshine who will confirm for our hearts that war is not a real foundation of hope, neither is hatred, neither is the past a reason to forget about the needs of our present time. If only we are able to perceive right through their words into the substance of the truth that their hearts are trying to convey to our hearts, cor ad cor loquitur, we will see -

No future is writ in stone. All our futures are available to us if we all pull through together in the now of our present time. But the right future can only be found by making the right choices that together open the door that lead toward that particular one that we want and this particular one is where we are all going - eastward. This requires us to let go of the past, have an understanding of the peace and then be reconciled to our present sense of sacred remembrance. All of which is easier said than done. These things take time and I know our nations and our good leaders are each trying their present best but please, let us not forget to pray for each other as well.

Well, my loveliest love, it's Sunday and while I do have some other concerns that weigh heavily on my mind, I should use this day to ponder and to contemplate about those things as well as to refresh and enjoy with you, my love, the blessings that this day shall most certainly bring. I shall draw up our things to do for the coming work week and prepare all the things I need to prepare for my first training day at my new job as well.

Shaina

Lastly, you know, I just found out that "Shaina" means "beautiful" in Hebrew. I thought her name to be a distinctly Filipino name until I discovered that it is Hebrew. She is a Filipina actress who I also hold in good regard.

There is something about names, my love, that perhaps some old cultures have forgotten to appreciate. They almost always mean something and it is never a noun - it is always a verb or an adjective: Motion and timeless action. Our names are never indicative of static things but of spirit and motion. This is just my own observation, my loveliest love, for our own names have been uprooted and though there can be no turning back, there is always a turning in, because all of these names owe their sense of binding identity principally to its nation so that even if our names were uprooted, we can still find our ways back to our belongings together as a people.

Speaking of Hebrew, I had a dream some nights ago in Hebrew letters, they were floating and had a radiance about them, and as I could not understand them nor remember them exactly now, I took it as part of our lessons learned and integrated it into our Miyangersjia local school system as part of our thrust on languages.
---<--@

I love you, my loveliest love.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: