Wednesday, July 15, 2009

20090715

Dear darlingest Annelies Marie,

My Personal Front

My focus right now seem to be on improving my personal life. Nothing else seems to come to my mind at the moment except making gains in my personal affairs. I'm gamely looking forward to my most recent job application to help me toward that end of improving my capacity to be of better help to those whom I love. I am Catholic Laity and it is part of my calling to work in the world. My prayer habit also seems to be on that same focus as well as I find myself getting more and more integrated into our parish life. I have also been thinking about my family - my mom, dad, grandmother, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts, nieces, godsons, and all my friends who could use better help from a better me, my love. My prayers are many times more effective when I am constantly in recovery and I still do need to go to confession. I feel that I'm finally settling down from my last move. So that's where we're going to go, my loveliest love - towards God's lead, ever the more convinced that with our LORD, all things are possible - even a better me.

Hermeowmeowmeowne

Even the new Harry Potter movie that's due to screen tomorrow seems to be helping me to better my personal life. Because I can neither be spent nor sick to be able to enjoy it. Besides, Hermeowmeowmeowne is there so who needs to be any more inspired when there's pretty cats around, really. I know that Emz doesn't like people mispronouncing "Hermione" but I am not really trying to pronounce "Hermoine" when I say Hermeowmeowmeowne. It's a calico name and that's another story for another time.

Swine Flu

I heard Rupert Grint contracted the swine flu but am not really worried at the moment. I would think he would have already recovered by now. There's word that this swine flu might become more virulent than it's current strain but no amount of worrying will change things - what we must do is build, build, build - restore the peace to our world and then with God on our side, let us see what is not on our side. Even if bad things would have happened, it would be worse if we were not to act on our own hopes today, I am sure.

We shall continue working on our other priorities (our fair Miyangersjia being one of the top ones) but I also need to gain adequate ground on my personal front, my love, to secure my personal affairs as well. It's not like love changes, you know, it will all slowly but surely come back again to my inspiration like before.

I have a previously unpublished work on the virtue of truthfulness which, because it has become relevant to do so, I shall now post down below -

The Virtue of Truthfulness

Faith in the Almighty God and acceptance of the will of Divine Providence leads to an understanding of divine grace that with the free and willing cooperation of the human will achieves right action according to the virtue exercised.

Consistent exercise of this "reaching out to the will that is reaching in" - strengthens the presence of virtue, along with its potency for right action and the resultant good works.

Strive to be aware of all of this in your own understanding and then strive in all things to speak the truth, mean what you speak, and own what you mean - and then, do so with a compassionate regard for the humanity of other people - for the truth must be by its own virtue wielded for no other reason but to make men free. And freedom that is authentic and pertinent to our human need to be happy - not the false image of a pretentious, presumptuous freedom that being empty of promise, shuns the accountability that is an inherent to authentic freedom - freedom is not free which binds us to evil, freedom is free which binds us to God and to each other in common Country.

Now, truthfulness does not bind us to the truth, it binds the truth through us into the service of charity - so that truth is made available, by demand of prudence or the command of charity, most especially when it counts. The object of this virtue is truth itself, all of the wholes - and its substance more than its words. The act of this virtue is the honorable expression of truth and this honorable expression being the explicit recognition amidst our human need for truth that the truth that lives in other people's lives must also be recognized as an integral part of this particular virtue's expression of right action.

One can not be selective of persons in one's exercise of virtue - for the virtue we aspire for here is more than its act - it is a power to act. One who seeks virtue must act only in the interest of the good and must be motivated purely from inspirations that are good. Therefore, one who seeks virtue (especially truthfulness) must be both interested as well as understanding of the deepest, most profound longings of the human heart to be able to allow one's seeking for virtue to be likewise guided by prudence (as cardinal virtue) as well as charity (as a theological virtue - derived from the dual commandment to love or the correct expression of one love alone) respectively.

To be tactful as regards to the virtue of truthfulness is to be silent, to listen intently and to avoid any more speaking for this virtue is not one that provides answers, that virtue can only be faith, but this virtue may provide a means toward that same end.

I would like to gently remind us that no virtue that we here aspire for can ever become present in the heart without faith, hope and love being present first - often times as prelude as well as precondition to both reason and understanding.

But where love becomes present there follows in its train, all the other virtues - when this becomes so, one must seek to understand and apply one's self to the exercise of the four cardinal virtues of prudence, justice, temperance and fortitude knowing that upon these four are derived all the others. Truthfulness itself as a virtue is derived from Justice.

Do not become frustrated, pray, exercise, learn, meditate and understand, no soul is ever meant to perfect all these virtues evenly and as a whole - it is by those different degrees and measures by which we become uniquely gifted by the virtues that have been granted to each our own personal stewardship that we further complement each other. It is from this complementarity of motion born from compatible functions that the synergies that greatly improve our shared humanity's ability to achieve the individual ends by which the life of mankind was purposed by the Almighty God, the attainment of a happiness unimagined, are formed in our coming together as families, tribes and (most especially) nations.

The exercise of virtue results in right action and this must always produce the good fruit required of us Christians by our Lord Christ, and of God from all the nations of Mankind, most especially, from our Abrahamic kindred in Judaism and Islam. The fruits of virtue is the same across all places, across all times and into eternity, it is good works - good action that give increase to life of our humanity, give shelter to our Lord's poor, give nurture to the life of our planet and give true witness to God on our behalf.

Virtue can never produce fruit that is evil. For the divine grace of God will never collaborate to corrupt what our one common Creator have declared to be good and very good - for our God can neither deceive nor be deceived.

Finally, my dear friend, it does not mean by the exercise of the virtue of truthfulness that we shall always tell the truth - for it is human to err - the proper exercise of truthfulness will not leave us vulnerable to the vice of scrupulosity for all virtues also acknowledge and recognize the weaknesses of our humanity - but it does mean that the presence of this virtue in our heart of hearts shall ensure that we shall never willfully and knowingly collaborate with the will of malice that seeks to deliberately distort, deny or coerce the truth in order to injure, deprive, harm or ridicule the life or the person of any human being of whose unique and unrepeatable soul constitute also as truth.

Truth is truth that sets men free. And the right action that produces as its good, the honorable expression of truth that leads into this freedom is the virtue of truthfulness.

We shall also publish this post pending some more proofreading both in our main blog as well as in our one Solidarity blog.
---<--@


I love you.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: