Tuesday, August 25, 2009

20090825

I collected these thoughts yesterday, my loveliest love:

Dear darlingest Annelies Marie,

VFA

Too, I have patriotic sentiments, my love. And while I do value my one Filipino nation very much, I also value along with our national remembrances, the national remembrances of our friends from other nations allied to our common cause of Country. What our soldiers gave up - and are still giving up - for the cause of the Republic peace - are things to me that shall never ever wane, timeless are their friendships, even in the darkness which I feel engulfs our present world like a spiritual malaise, our military remembrances above all should remind us of the high price of our freedom.

The Philippines is but one undertaking of Country, our one Filipino nation but one nation among many others who are but one family of nations allied to the one common cause of all undertakings of Country which is, despite the false image that this midnight of war, here upon our last wintering, would have us all think about ourselves, peace and the advancement of our shared humanity.

Therefore, it is impossible for me to ever think about the Philippines devoid of her relationships with other states and our nation devoid of her fraternity with other nations. We do not live in a void of war, we live in an absolute embrace of belongings upon belongings unto our one LORD.

Which is why at times, I often think about my other Filipino compatriots and their absolutist sentiments about our allies, we seem to either absolutely love them or hate them like it is to treat strangers. But isn't it that family members are always entitled to the benefit of the doubt and things within a family's home and hearth are resolved in a much different way than things upon a cold and bitter battlefield between two unfamiliar sides. Blood - human blood - once shed upon the ground of earth cries out forever not only to God but to the remembrances of our nations and until the Last Day, we are to keep these remembrances holy - lest we forget, lest we forget.

I know there are bad apples in the bunch and that, at all times and in every place, there are soldiers unfit to wear the uniform but let us not be inspired by their malice when we remember those by whose virtue we now live and breathe the free air of Country. We do not remember the fallen because of the evil of the adversary of peace, we remember them because of their glorious example and their golden virtue.

Besides, only our allies will pay heed to our Constitution - if we do not appreciate this, we are inviting our enemies to teach us how to value our friends.

Drug Debrief

I hate illicit drugs! They form a completely different sense of loyalty that makes different people out of familiar faces.

Enough said.
---<--@

Sleep Apnea

They say in a recent article that those people with sleep apnea are at 40% more at risk of death - period. Which kind of amuses me because in reality, all people are at risk of death - from 0.1 to 100%, in fact. But then the article carries on to say that it increases the risk of complications of certain illnesses and then I understood what it was trying to express.

I have sleep apnea, my loveliest love - severe obstructive sleep apnea. Which means I snore and I stop breathing in my sleep. My old doctor told me that this means that my brain needs more sleep than the average brain because though I may think I am asleep, when I stop breathing during my sleep, my brain wakes up and therefore, I do not really get the full benefit of sleep when compared to the average person. Which is why I am so addicted to energy drinks and were I an avid coffee drinker, I know I would be just as addicted to coffee.

Bring it all together + hypertension and I can see that this article is relevant to my condition. But its really a good thing that these days I can smile, my darlingest dear, even with my problems all around my ears, I am never without hope. Because I love my Miyang Marie and my Miyang Marie loves me.

10%, 20%, 40%, 80% - The LORD calls us when the LORD calls us
and when our God does, its always 100%. Instead of worrying of dying, I am more concerned with living a life of peace and friendship with our LORD, our LORD's own and my fellow human beings.

Besides, worrying and the associated stress that comes with overly worrying about things beyond our control changes nothing of the outcomes that we are always presently called to apply our talents to achieve. So I say, Alfred Neuman was right, "what me worry?"
---<--@

I love you.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: