Friday, August 21, 2009

20090821b

No Division

Look at the order of the heavens above us, among the stars of the visible universe, and see how they are gathered up into one firmament. So must we who are in these days to be gathered up as the numberless stars.

For the truth is there is no division. There is only belonging. And as one only leads to the other, so are we being led from darkness into light; from war into peace...that together we may:

Prosper the peace. Prosper the people.

---<--@

Dear darlingest Miyang,

Division vs. Belonging

The world ahead of us, my darlingest dear, if we do nothing to change the course of history, is not a world anyone would like to think about - it shall be a world dominated by war; a world that is vain and false, utterly forgetful of our shared humanity, a world dominated by brute force, motivated by evil intentions and wracked by division and instability, a world where the weak is universally despised, a world where common human decency is a mere facade, a world where any real form of goodness is completely unknown - a world of over run by darkness and lies.

If we can not claim back our nations' common heritage of peace - I promise you who read these words of mine - this will be the kind of world that our posterity shall remember our generations by.

Another thing I know for sure is this: I am totally committed to averting this calamity. Starting with and from myself - as freely and as humanly as I could, and outwards to my family and my friends, my local community, my city, my province, my own Filipino nation, our ASEAN Neighborhood, our own Mother Asia, all of the other continental wholes, our one planetary whole and where our shared humanity is already extended unto those other worlds - other inhabited earths - them too, my darlingest dear, them too.

For I am a believer in belonging not in division - one leads to the other for only one of these is the absolute truth and I am quite sure that it is not division: All things unto God in Country.

If I am made to look up into the order of the stars of the visible universe, there really is only belonging out there. Where ever and when ever division is sown it is never a thing sown by the One will that drives forward the purpose of all creation. For division is of the darkness and likes to think and to ponder about the darkness but we, of the numberless stars, are all quickened unto the light.

Our National Ethos

This is the ethos that I should like to share with my nation. The thing I should like us to always remember when we say, "Mabuhay" - an eternal Philippines and a common destiny for all Filipinos.

It is the ethos that we share - from always to always, as a common heritage with all the other nations of the one family of the nations of Mankind.

I love you, my loveliest Miyang Marie.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: