Tuesday, August 24, 2010

20100824

Dear darling Annelies Marie,

Hello, my darling Anne.

Quirino Grandstand Hostage Crisis


There was a hostage crisis in Manila yesterday. The whole nation was gripped by it from 9AM till about 8:30PM. I'm still quite affected by this incident, my love. I found out about it at around 3PM and watched the situation unfold on live TV right on through to its conclusion.

You know, my darlingest, there might be a lot of things to be said and done about this but right now I am at a loss for words. I've been trying to write something since this morning. To be sure, we have to deal with the aftermath of this tragedy - together as a nation and also together with our one family of nations.

But the time for grieving is not yet past. Now is a time for silence.


My deepest sympathies go out to the families of the victims and to those victims who are still affected by the violence of it all. Peace be unto each and everyone of you.

And to those who have gone to God, Godspeed.
---<--@

I love you.

Always to always,

=^.^=

This does not represent the ideals of my people.

No comments: