Tuesday, June 2, 2009

20090602b

Dear darlingest Miyang Marie,

On Nuclear Disarmament

Our turning away from the darkness, my loveliest love, as a planetary whole is a process that must include disarmament, particularly nuclear disarmament.

That all forms of nuclear weaponry, above all, strategic nuclear weapons become for all of our nations a prohibited form of weapons technology is a vital principle in the winning of the one whole peace and this has been outlined in our "Outlook 2050".

The evolution of the military must always parallel the evolution of the tools of the military, those various forms of weaponry by which the noble spirit that breathes within the profession of arms defends and upholds the peace of our nations, and it is manifest that this evolution must first and foremost be a moral evolution because it is the noble soul of the all-victorious military itself and not its weaponry* that must lead the way into a future of peace.

*which is incidentally evolving from "smart" into "brilliant" systems technology.

Of course, this disarmament must also be well-thought out process and can not be a blanket event but the goal of disarmament clearly is the way in which the world is at present being led into the new age.

When we speak of nuclear weaponry, my loveliest love, we are mostly thinking about strategic nuclear weapons which are more well known than the tactical variety. But both forms intersect at one point, more than any other weapon and weapon system in history, and that is their delivery modality - which must be clearly defined in doctrine to the point of an art. Because it is not the effectiveness of the weapon that we must concern ourselves with as regards to nuclear weaponry but the way by which that awesome lethality can be brought to bear upon the enemy will.

Nay, my love, I believe our humanity has achieved a point in our time as a whole to believe that there are many other things better than this instrument of absolute and indiscriminate destruction

I have studied and have come across in my own time over the Internet, material about these things in the past, and now that North Korea is moving our region and consequently, our one inhabited earth, where it does not want to go, I have tried to recall those things in light of those other things that I am presently charged with keeping a close watch.

To sum, strategic nuclear weapons from North Korea are a credible threat - all of ASEAN right down to northern Australia, Hawaii and Alaska, not to mention all of the region of our East Asia as a whole fall within its sphere of military influence but this brinkmanship is not at all new to that state.

However, they seem to be intent for some reason* to push it this time at such unprecedented levels to a point where the error of margin in the already very fine decision making process that is involved in strategic doctrine regrading ballistic missile defense that it becomes very, very dangerous indeed not only to our region, to our Asia but to all the nations of our one family of nations of Mankind.

*This reason is very important, whatever it is, if this escalation had a center of gravity, then this reason would be it.

I am of the opinion that tactical nuclear weapons are a more immediate threat. But even then, the use of these in the field will easily lead to an escalation into the strategic level which I also believe North Korea will never risk because doing so will cause that regime to cease to exist.

But I should like to point out, my loveliest love, that making that distinction clear between the one Korean nation and the two Korean states is vital in the context of the peace that we are all trying to pursue.

Of course, we are more amiable to South Korea, being an undertaking of Country that is, if you please, cut from the same cloth, as our one Philippine Republic, but let us not forget the necessity of that relationship that all states must have to recognize, for better or for worse, with both the Korean states and the intrinsic responsibility that we have, as a planetary whole, to return the two Koreas into the hands of the one Korean nation - in a climate of peace.

This world can not break from the waning darkness of the past without making whole once more those things that have always been wholes in themselves.

I have always, in the quiet of my own heart, said these things in my prayers for our nations, and I should that all of those who are likewise inclined also do the same - most especially to include these in the fourth meditation in our Rosary of Hope. We should do an entry on this request on the one Solidarity blog, my darlingest dear, and soon.

If any soul should feel helpless about these things, my loveliest love, we should know that we always have recourse to our desires for lasting, meaningful peace in the quiet of our hearts with God in prayer.

And go our way, my darlingest dear, bearing the peace of God and living to do what is purposed for us to do by the knowledge proposed to each our hearts of faith.
---<--@

Speaking of nations:

A nation is the foundation upon which civilization is built, a state is a response to its needs, and Country is the dialogue between the two. The common market is the labor of the building up of the earth which is the responsibility of every nation and its responsible state.

On Palestine

Palestine, once a word that refers to a geographical region, now refers to the title of a particular aspiration of a people seeking for an identity.

The realization of this particular aspiration lies in the awakening of a new nation called Palestine and to draw from this nation an abiding sense of identity, the benefits of community, peace and a common destiny.

The Palestinian people, if they were not a nation before, is a new people and a people possessed with the potential to become that nation now.

What afflicts the Palestinian people, in the immediate, I believe, is not the absence of the state but the need to understand from their own common experience, the nature of their own community and the hope entrusted to its will and draw from their own sense of sacred remembrance the foundation by which they shall by strength of their belonging to each other, break away from the past and establish as one people upon the promise of every present time, that gathering sense of a new nation awakening.

They must realize in themselves that they already have within their reach the seeds of nationhood.
---<--@

Our last (but most certainly not the least) word for the day, my loveliest love:

A Requiem for the Passing Away:

There was a terrible crash of an Air France passenger jet off the Atlantic coast about 5-minutes after taking off from Brazil, my darlingest dear. Too many lives have been lost - I shall not even put down the number - I shall take this to prayer at Holy Mass tomorrow.

May they all find their way swiftly to the LORD.

This touched me differently from other tragedies, my love, for this calamity does not have easy explanations that bring closure for our sakes, only a letting go which is always difficult and made all the more harder if it is not done together as a community of human beings.
---<--@

Yesterday was such an awful day, my darlingest dear. Today is better but it was not without its chances for my wandering heart to return to God and all those things that I should love above all else, my loveliest love. I am so blessed to have you as my friend indeed, my Miyang.

I'm having two minds whether to see "Terminator 3" at the movies tonight, you know. I am not going back to buying pirated DVD's, my darlingest dear - though its tempting. I'd rather work on Pawprints - and its relevant cornerstone charity - with you, my loveliest love, and remain true, among other good reasons, to each our friendships with those movie cats we (even without their knowledge) have come to know as our friends - cats like Muning, Emz (Hermeowmeowne), Nat, Kota, Elle etc. and all those nameless workers who labor behind the scenes whose honest labors we do not want to take away from them.

This world is indeed too small for our souls not to touch and penetrate each other.

Your umpteenth (80th) birthday is coming up, my loveliest love, this June 12. But to me, my loveliest love, in the timeless experience of the friendship that we share, you are ageless.

Agelessness, my love, is a quality of being eternal - which means to me, my darlingest dear, you are at all ages - always present in my heart.

The Child Jesus is a manifestation of the timelessness of the Person of Christ and the agelessness of our triune God, a quality of being the one and eternal LORD.

Going back to fundamental human relationships, my love, we have asserted on a previous entry here in Planet Annelies that a relationship either exists or it does not exist and now I further understand that this same gulf is that permanent gulf that exists between the rich man and Lazarus mentioned in the Gospels.

June 9 is Nat's birthday before you. And also, June 12 is our Philippine Independence day and we've been working on (and praying for) some things special for this day, my loveliest love.

Yesterday, we have, in the Liturgical calendar of the Church, entered again into Ordinary Time.

This Sunday is the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity.

I love you, my Miyang.

Always to always,

Pusing

No comments: