Monday, July 19, 2010

20100719

Dear darling Annelies Marie,

A lot of people say, "I support Israel."
A lot of people say, "I support Palestine."
Not a lot of people say, "I support the Middle East peace process."
Well, I do.
Why? Because, my darling Anne, I love both those nations.

It will not avail any of us to love just one when we are all in reality but one family of nations. For we are all but one undivided work of creation, seen and unseen, under but one Creator, peerless and eternal.

However, we must as individual human beings begin from each our own nations and live to be able to serve each other as citizens with fidelity within each our own present endeavors of Country - therefore, I am committed to the peace of the Philippines, my love - my Philippines. For in all truth I can not as a common citizen of all creation love any other nation without first learning to love my own.

And so I do, my love. Not for war but for peace; the peace that prospers.

The road to peace is not as much a linear path as it is like the numberless stars in the night sky, a shining out - together. It shall take one whole sky to lead us all out of this long night and into the promises of the new age; into that new dawning that await our generations.

By our turning into the light we turn away from the darkness. By our working the works of peace set before us we shall leave the persistent shadows of things past behind us forever.

So I bid us all Mabuhay, my love! God bless us all.

Prosper the Peace. Prosper the People.

I love my Miyang. PERIOD.

Always to always,

=^.^=

No comments: