Tuesday, July 13, 2010

20100713

Dear darlingest Annelies Marie,

Nothing much comes to mind at the moment, my Miyang. I just want to check in with you.

I've this cough for a couple of days now so I'm going to get myself a decongestant or a mucolytic or something over at the local drug store later on today. Then I'm going to take the rest of the day to relax. Tomorrow, my darling, I'm heading back to the DDB-EU TRC. I am on aftercare now so my schedule at the center is more or less fixed. And that's a good thing, my Anne.

I am encouraged by the results of the elections in this Country, my love. Each of our individual commitments to democracy has decisively and peacefully produced for our people the workable beginnings of a truly responsible state. I am also encouraged by the hope I feel in the people and the willingness and strength I have glimpsed at our leadership to embrace it as a sacred trust.

If we do not fail to continue to awaken to the truth of who we are as a nation, my love, then we may also trust that it can only get better from here. We will be who we have always been.

I am committed to the peace of the Philippines, my love. Not the false peace offered by war but the peace that prospers. This peace is something that we must as a people together gain from the one LORD of all heaven and earth; something completely apart from the waning paradigm of the last age. It is something we must work for as one nation. It shall be difficult, I promise you. But it shall no longer be a labor of tears.

For we shall do this together this time; one lineage of hope 7,107 islands strong.

Sometimes I am nearly overcome by the odds. But it is also during those times that I am roused by the truth in my awareness that there is really no such thing as luck for all things happen for a purpose. There is only grace and the will of God. And the will of the LORD is His peace upon all our nations and good will to all men and women of peace.

Hence, just like the rest of us I've work to do, my love. But I do not yet know how to begin...

So I shall leave it be for now and try to enjoy the rest of this day.

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! God Bless us all.

Prosper the Peace. Prosper the People.

I love you and I love my Philippines. PERIOD.

From always to always,

=^.^=

No comments: